What the new laws change
The changes were introduced on 29 March 2020 and apply until 28 March 2021.
- changes to evictions, including a ban on notices to vacate
- a ban on rent increases
- changes to when tenants can move out
- changes to tenants’ obligations, if related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- restrictions on tenant database listing, if related to COVID-19
- new protections for survivors of family violence
- a new dispute resolution process for tenants and landlords.
For more information and answers to common questions about these temporary changes, visit our COVID-19 guide for renters.