Contact us

Our committed lawyers and support staff are here to help. If you have to wait due to the demand on our services, check the renting topics on this website to see if there is an answer your question.

Limits on our services

We do not help with problems with a neighbour, nor with another renter in your home (except for cases of family or personal violence). For help in both situations, contact your local community legal centre.

We also do not assist rental providers (landlords), real estate agents, or owners corporations – contact Consumer Affairs Victoria on 1300 558 181.

More info

Please treat our hard-working team with respect, as we in turn treat all callers – see our Client Service Charter.

Our Privacy Policy sets out how we collect and use personal information.

Email advice service

All emails to us are answered by our team of lawyers, advocates and intake workers with expert knowledge of Victorian rental laws. Emails are answered Monday to Friday, except for public holidays. We try to get to as many as possible each day.

If it’s urgent, please try our advice line or other services.

We aim to respond within 5 business days, or sooner.

Inbox full

We’re really sorry but we can’t take your email just now because we have already received the maximum number of emails that we can answer today.

How to contact us

Please try again tomorrow. It’s best to try the email advice service early in the day. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Need advice fast?

Check the Advice section of our website.

Who else can help?

Please check other tenancy services listed further down this page.

Renter support line
(03) 9416 2577

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30 am – 1.30 pm
Closed Wednesday and public holidays

The approximate waiting time is over 30 minutes.

Calls are answered by lawyers, advocates and intake workers with specialist knowledge of Victorian rental laws.

Social housing and rooming houses
1800 068 860

Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Closed public holidays

For renters in public housing and community housing and residents of rooming houses.

Inquiries are directed to lawyers with specialist knowledge of Victorian rental laws.

Community worker line
(03) 9411 1444

Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Closed public holidays

Free advice or support for workers at not-for-profit organisations assisting people who rent in Victoria.

Email: with the subject line ‘Organisation enquiry’

Office administration
(03) 9411 1444

Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Closed public holidays

Our administration staff support Tenants Victoria with general business operation and administration. They cannot provide you any advice about renting.


Repairs Toolkit 

Our Repairs Toolkit can help you understand your rights, draft a written request for repairs or apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). Find out more on our Repairs Toolkit page. 

Financial counselling 

If you are a private renter experiencing financial hardship, our confidential and free financial counselling service may be able to help. Find out more on our Financial hardship page.

Other helpful services

We have put together a list of contacts for other legal and community services that could help.

Please call 000 for emergencies.

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Information and advice to renters, co-renters and landlords. Monday to Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
1300 558 181

Tenancy Plus

Tenancy Plus aims to prevent homelessness and support renters living in social, public and community housing.

Tenancy Assistance and Advocacy Program

The Tenancy Assistance and Advocacy Program (TAAP) provides assistance for renters in private rental housing, private rooming houses and caravan parks who are in significant financial hardship or affected by family violence.


Anika Legal

Anika Legal is a free online legal service for Victorian renters.

Justice Connect

If you are at risk of homelessness, Justice Connect can help with free legal advice and support. Monday to Friday, 9.30 am – 5.00 pm.

Dear Landlord, an interactive letter writer, helps renters during COVID-19.
03 8636 4408
1800 606 313

Victorian Legal Aid

Victorian Legal Aid focuses on protecting the rights of Victorians and representing those who need it the most. Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
1300 792 387


The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) provides fair, efficient and affordable justice for Victorians.
For new or current legal proceedings, phone 1300 018 228, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4.30 pm.
1300 01 8228

Disaster Legal Help Victoria

Disaster Legal Help Victoria provides free legal advice and assistance and referrals to Victorians affected by a disaster. Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1800 113 432

Cookies and Privacy:This site uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.

Find out more Accept