This information is a guide and should not be used as a substitute for professional legal advice.


If you are a student in Melbourne or in Victoria, Australia, we have tips and information on your legal rights when renting, when looking for your next home, when sharing with others, and things you need to know before you leave.

International student help

The International Student Tenancy Outreach Program supports students living in rooming houses or similar accommodation such as share houses in the North West region of Melbourne. This service is confidential and is conducted face to face or by phone.

Before you rent

Sharing a home

Before you leave

Was this page helpful?

Cookies and Privacy:This site uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.

Find out more Accept